Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Just a reminder for the new year..

Hello to all and welcome to 2013! 
This is my first post of the year and I wanted to start on a happy note.

Everyone on my feed and Twitter is complaining about how lame it is to try to keep resolutions.
Where's the spirit this year? There's nothing wrong with having some optimism and having goals. Those are two ingredients for success, if you ask me. All you need with that is consistency and voilà, you have results!

A lot are about weight (as usual) and it's true: statistics do say that by February, most have abandoned their goals. However, I think that one day of working out, no matter how low-intensity it is, will be a lot more productive than one day on the couch complaining. There was a saying I read that really stuck with me. It was something along the lines of," Why don't you just exercise for one hour a day instead of complaining that you're fat 24 hours a day?" It blew my mind, lol. Then there was also this picture I thought was awesome on Instagram. I even took a screenshot of it:


If that doesn't motivate you, I don't know what does. I also posted a video way back (in case you'd like to see it, it's this one) and the guy said," Just because I can't do it to-day doesn't mean I won't do it some-day." That's the spirit people should have this year! I know I feel it. Even if I don't do well some days, I can't wallow in self-pity for too long anymore. Gotta get back on the horse, ya dig? Even if it's something you're petrified of doing this year, go for it. You're gonna look back and regret that you didn't do things more than you'll regret the things you did. So you won't think I'm spinning a bunch of crap for you, here are some of mine:
  • start giving 10% of my checks to church again (I did in 2011 and some of 2012 but stopped! :( )
  • become a member of either the Humane Society or ASPCA  (I want to help animals)
  • put aside money for a pet fund and a savings account
  • get fit (it's looonngg overdue)
  • all A's til I graduate

The financial goals will be hard for me because I got used to working full-time and now I'm going part-time so it's a big crunch for me but I want to get disciplined so this won't be a big deal to do while I'm married. I did a pretty good job in 2012 with my goals so I'm hoping history will repeat itself.

Everyone's troubles will be different but we can all do it! 
This picture below is a great life motto!





Well, that's enough motivation for today! Good luck to everyone!
'til next time, stay classy!♥
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment