Friday, October 26, 2012

Financial Friday!

Hello and thank you for staying tuned!
I know you probably have better places to be on the web (like watching some people fall on YouTube or something) so I really appreciate your visit. :)

It's Friday; this is supposed to be a day dedicated to videos to start your weekend off right. Well, I hate to be a bore but I just wanted to share an article on Yahoo that I found about impulse shopping. Women are usually the ones that are labeled as the impulse shoppers, but this article shows that men actually spend an average of $350 dollars more than women a year.

The article also mentions this site called Spendster. (You can click on the link to go there if you'd like.) It's a website dedicated to showing people how much money is being wasted. Now, it may seem a little lame but I'm always down to learn something on the internet as opposed to getting more ignorant. I like seeing websites trying to bring awareness but I could be one of the few that enjoy it. There's even a calculator that shows you how much you could be saving a year.

I felt compelled to do this instead of a funny video after reading about a sexual predator getting her own reality show after being accused of having sex with her 17-year-old student. I figured I may as well contribute something meaningful instead of encourage stupidity but that sense of inspiration could wear off by next Friday. If you're interested in reading that, here's my source. Celebitchy is my guilty pleasure but once in a while, it has actual news like this. You can also watch a video from there. This high school teacher used to be a Bengals cheerleader, fyi. This is where we're at, people!

If you're interested, here's the article on shopping: Biggest Shopping Regrets.
As I said, it's a little different from the upbeat mood I wanted to set for Fridays, but I felt motivated after looking at my classes for next semester. I have to take some upper level electives and was looking at a "Money and Banking" class to get better informed with all that jazz...BUT I didn't have the prerequisites. :( If I can't learn at school, I'll look online and educate myself (and also share it online with you guys).
Something to consider since the holidays are coming up.

I mentioned in the beginning of this post how you could be watching funny videos on falls instead of being here, so I'm being nice and combining funny and shopping. Here are some shopping cart fails to end on a lighter note. Enjoy! :)


Be safe and have a great weekend!
'til next time, stay classy!♥
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment