Sunday, April 15, 2012

dogs, books, and happiness.

 I missed one week of updating but this is pretty much what I was busy with. I shaved my Chow for the first time and the bottom picture shows the end result. The one on top shows the "before" product.
I've gotta say that this whole being productive thing has really been what I needed. Yes, I'm always on the go but it's given me a real sense of empowerment. I feel like I used to be a very bad pet owner to previous pets and I'm really investing a lot of time, energy, and money into this batch of dogs and it feels good. I've also taken on paying for 3 phones (mine, my mom, and my little brother) and have been steadily getting back to reading (instead of watching Hulu). I need to finish the two books from the two blogging sites and the next entry will probably be the book review on Torn (a little foreshadowing for ya). Anyways, I'm reading The Happiness Project. I wanted to get it when I found it at Target but Eric reminded me I still had Barnes and Noble money on my Nook from Christmas (smart..why I keep him). So I got home and instantly bought it but haven't really had a chance to touch it until this month. At work, I'm in the warehouse and all over the store doing inventory that I haven't been able to enjoy being up front and just relaxing for a bit. One of our coworkers quit though and that's allowed me to indulge a little and it really is an awesome book. I should finish it tonight after some studying. I think she makes a good point about the difference between being unhappy and being depressed. It's an obvious thing but we tend to hyperbolize our lives and always just think we're depressed. I see a lot of my thoughts, mannerisms, and flaws in that book so it's nice to see how adjusting them can change your quality of life. It gives me some motivation to embark on my own happiness project. Though I must admit,I haven't felt this calm in a reallly long time.I'm off Facebook and it's liberating to do it out of choice than by force. I wasn't using it much anyways and I rather live life in real time than be glued to my phone reading as everyone else lives theirs. Plus, I read some statistic somewhere that people who are on Facebook more often tend to feel more unhappy and like they're missing out than those who aren't. Pretty weird how much that's affected us, huh? This blog will become my little "timeline", if you will. 
This is my "shave Dusty" oufit. :/ I'm sorry.

Weasley always smothers me after work. 

Can you tell Dusty has no more hair?

Great read so far. Very motivating.
Eric and I at my cousin's quinceanera. :)

Looking through my e-mail, I've saved drafts of links to websites I've been meaning to blog about. I'm telling you! I think about blogging all the time! Making it a habit when there's not enough hours in the day is the hard part! Here's one:


http://www.ivillage.com/katherine-heigl-marriage-josh-kelley/1-a-418893
People give her a hard time but I've always liked her and this blog essay by her just solidifies my opinion of her.


AND I never mentioned it here, but I got some writing submitted to a writing company in Austin. Here is my piece:
http://www.writebynight.net/writing-help/sticks-and-stones/


A lot of catching up to do, right?
'til next time, stay classy! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment