Thursday, December 29, 2011

go hard or go home.

So, I know this isn't really sticking to what I should be reading but I just was reeaaallyyy looking forward to reading this. I was going to order a hard copy and then I got my Nook. I'll rave about this here so I won't annoy my friends with my overzealous rants that they probably could care less about, lol. I'm so pleased with this book. I'm kinda stingy and buy books as cheap as I can get 'em (or for free, hence the websites) but this book was worth the 15 bucks I spent. Mindy doesn't get enough airtime on The Office but her character is always really funny. Her book is incredible though..she totally seems like someone I would get along with and befriend instantaneously. She's a little quirky but I kind of love it and she can come off really educated using all these SAT words but still describing her experiences in a more relate-able way (i.e. when she describes a dance audition she went to and said she looked like "a fucking idiot.") She also gets pretty personal while keeping a really affable tone and has really learned from what she's been through. I thought I was the only one that got depressed with relationship articles saying marriage was archaic. I don't know if I'm a feminist per-say but I admire her, Amy Poehler, and Tina Fey for being able to keep up in a male-dominated field so well without resorting to posting up a slutty video on YouTube. It means there's still hope in the world. I loved every single page, which is why I finished this in one day. I don't think anything has grabbed my attention like that in a while. Go hard or go home.


'til next time, stay classy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment