Saturday, May 19, 2012

Early for a change.

I guess being sick opens up the availability to do certain things...like blogging, lol.
I feel like I've done nothing but bum around and eat these past two days. I'm not used to 
having two days of blank slates. School being out (and having my weekends back) almost feels a little weird but I must enjoy it before it starts up again in June. 
Eric treated my little brother to his first time at Applebee's and then we went to the animal shelter (also my brother's first).
It's crazy to me that he's having these kinds of experiences for the first time at age 12. It makes me feel like he didn't have much of a childhood...I hope this is the beginning of a bonding tradition.
Speaking of the animal shelter, I gotta say Laredo's really makes me sad.
It's like every time I go in there, I want to walk out with at least 2 dogs. A lot of them look emaciated and it feels like even though the people there all have good intentions, it's a sad cycle. 
I wish there was more money invested into keeping these animals alive.. I heard somewhere that close to 80% of the animals are euthanized and that feels like all the efforts right now are just in vain. Money's being wasted getting them tested, fed, and cleaned all so that the majority can be put down a few days later. 
If I could do something here, it would be to raise money for a decent (hopefully indoor) shelter.
Sometimes I wonder why I ended up back in Laredo..not the literal sense because I know that but the deeper, more spiritual way. I wonder if it's to meet Eric or to bring change. As we were driving back home from the shelter, I was sharing my thoughts with Eric. I can't help but still feel betrayed by my ex-roommate. I'm not jealous but it just feels unfair that I'm in town being productive and feeling stifled by the lack of diversity and she's in San Antonio getting drunk most of the time..something she could do here. 
She stayed in SA under our name and ruined my credit (along with my dad's) and she doesn't see much wrong there either.
I can honestly say had I stayed over there, I wouldn't have grown so much but it still seems unfair.
Only God knows. 
Nothing much to report; just venting this week. 
Hope it wasn't too lame.
'til next time, stay classy♥

No comments:

Post a Comment